“Remember to celebrate milestones as you prepare for the road ahead.” – Nelson Mandela
I know! It’s been awhile and it’s overdue for a update. I’ve been super busy and business has been picking up. A lot of exciting things have been going on and there are more great opportunities coming up. Tangled Records celebrated it's 3rd Birthday on May 1st. Back in 2016, I created my first record with some cheap white acrylic paint and a sharpie marker. Exactly one year later, I launched this website. What a journey this creation has taken me on. Here’s to many more years of inspiration, growth, and adventures!
These are some new records I have been working on:
Nickel City Con:
This was the biggest event I have been apart of to date. It was an amazing experience. I got to meet some really cool people and got to Network quite a bit.
Here were some of the highlights:
1. I met many of my Instagram and Facebook followers. I had no idea certain people paid attention to what I did lol.
2. I received so many compliments and words of encouragement. At times I had a huge crowd around my booth. I’m just overwhelmed with the positive response to my work.
3. I got a 10 minute great white shark lesson from a 5 year old boy loved my Jaws Record.
4. Beetlejuice and the Buffalo Records were the top sellers. I surprisingly only sold one Bowie Record to a friend. I really thought they would be more popular.
5. I sold a record to a famous Marvel comic book artist.
6. I’ve been invited to participate in a local vinyl record podcast.
7. I have as offered to do a commission piece to well known local DJ for their birthday in July.
8. I got to hang out with CJ Graham (Jason from the 6th installment).
9. I got winks and waves from Sean Patrick Flannery and the kid who played young Michael Myers in Rob Zombies movie.
10. I was invited to two shows out in Canada and think it would be a great opportunity to show my work in another country. I’m strongly considering one of them.
11. It was awesome to spend time with other vendors. I learned a great deal on networking, marketing, and what other shows are out there. It definitely inspired me to step outside of Buffalo.
12. I was also invited to a show out in Hollywood, but due to the short notice, I will be unable to attend.
A very special thank you to those who came out to support and help look over my booth.
Los Angeles Scavenger Hunt:
I had a fabulous time in Los Angeles back in April. I got to go around the city and spread plenty of “Buffalove”. Out of 10 records, only 3 people who found them and got back to me. I plan to do a version of this in Buffalo and Greece.
Glen Park Art Festival:
I’ve been accepted to be part of this event on July 27th-28th. This will be my first big art festival.
Biker Night at The Garage:
I've been invited to hang out with these guys this summer. June 12th and July 10th are my confirmed dates s far.