“The only way that we can live, is if we grow. The only way that we can grow is if we change. The only way that we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we can become exposed is if we throw ourselves out into the open. Do it. Throw yourself.”
― C. JoyBell C.
I’ve fallen a bit behind on my blog. Work has picked up quite a bit and its festival season. If you are ever looking for updates or want to know when events are, you can always check my Instagram and Facebook (@tangledrecords) pages. I keep those update to date as I find things out.
Here is what I have been up to and upcoming events:
I had a burst of custom record requests the past 2 months. Here is what is new:
Glen Park Art Festival
I just participated in my first big outdoor art festival! It was great experience and learned a lot about festival life. It was a lot of work to set up and tent and display, plus interact with buyers for 2 full days. I had a lot of friends and supporters who come out to meet me and buy art. I received a great deal of compliments and words of encouragement. It was a great experience and was asked to apply again next year by the event coordinator.
Beer Garden Party
I’ll be selling records and doing live art at Flight Gallery on Aug 24th. I know it’s been a while, but I’ll be drawing a flower themed design on a mannequin body.
Music is Art
Last year, I had 4 of my mannequins as part of an art installation on one of the main stages. Plus I did live art. This year, I’ll just being selling records as a vendor. This is one of my favorite events and I really hope many of you come out to experience it.
Fall Spirit Expo- Dragonfly Studio and Salon
During my stay at Glen Park, the owner of this studio invited me to her event on September 21st. This will be very different compare to other event’s I have done but I’m excited to share my Muse, Spiritual, and quote records with them.
Buffalo Makers Farie
This will be another family fun event. They hope to make this the biggest Makers Faire in Buffalo. This will be held on September 28th.
There will be more announcements later. I’m just finalizing and waiting on application approvals.
Thrive Fest Buffalo
Oh Yes, I’m even booking into 2020 already!
I was able to go another adventure thanks to my records. I did a spontaneous trip to Phoenix, Arizona during the 4th of July weekend. I wasn’t planning on going there, but I decided that I didn’t want to spend the 4 day weekend home so I booked the cheapest last minute trip I could find. I’ve never been to the desert and thought it would be a great opportunity to do some soul searching. I purposely didn’t bring any artwork with me. This was ME time. It was just me, the desert, lizards, Rock Mountains, and the 110 degree heat. I have a lot of goals and hopes on where I’d like to go with my art. I’m getting closer to figuring out what I have to do. I need growth; my art needs growth, so together we will figure it out.
July Book List
I get asked a lot about what inspires me and what resources I use to lift my spirit. I’ve recently have begun reading again. Books are so useful for your art and yourself. So staring this month, I will share with you a list of books I have read if hopes they will inspire you.
There will be more vendor announcements soon. I'm also open to accepting custom requests at this time as well. You can contact me directly or fill out the comment section on the contact page. Thank you for stopping by and the love. XOXOXOX
“Remember to celebrate milestones as you prepare for the road ahead.” – Nelson Mandela
I know! It’s been awhile and it’s overdue for a update. I’ve been super busy and business has been picking up. A lot of exciting things have been going on and there are more great opportunities coming up. Tangled Records celebrated it's 3rd Birthday on May 1st. Back in 2016, I created my first record with some cheap white acrylic paint and a sharpie marker. Exactly one year later, I launched this website. What a journey this creation has taken me on. Here’s to many more years of inspiration, growth, and adventures!
These are some new records I have been working on:
Nickel City Con:
This was the biggest event I have been apart of to date. It was an amazing experience. I got to meet some really cool people and got to Network quite a bit.
Here were some of the highlights:
1. I met many of my Instagram and Facebook followers. I had no idea certain people paid attention to what I did lol.
2. I received so many compliments and words of encouragement. At times I had a huge crowd around my booth. I’m just overwhelmed with the positive response to my work.
3. I got a 10 minute great white shark lesson from a 5 year old boy loved my Jaws Record.
4. Beetlejuice and the Buffalo Records were the top sellers. I surprisingly only sold one Bowie Record to a friend. I really thought they would be more popular.
5. I sold a record to a famous Marvel comic book artist.
6. I’ve been invited to participate in a local vinyl record podcast.
7. I have as offered to do a commission piece to well known local DJ for their birthday in July.
8. I got to hang out with CJ Graham (Jason from the 6th installment).
9. I got winks and waves from Sean Patrick Flannery and the kid who played young Michael Myers in Rob Zombies movie.
10. I was invited to two shows out in Canada and think it would be a great opportunity to show my work in another country. I’m strongly considering one of them.
11. It was awesome to spend time with other vendors. I learned a great deal on networking, marketing, and what other shows are out there. It definitely inspired me to step outside of Buffalo.
12. I was also invited to a show out in Hollywood, but due to the short notice, I will be unable to attend.
A very special thank you to those who came out to support and help look over my booth.
Los Angeles Scavenger Hunt:
I had a fabulous time in Los Angeles back in April. I got to go around the city and spread plenty of “Buffalove”. Out of 10 records, only 3 people who found them and got back to me. I plan to do a version of this in Buffalo and Greece.
Glen Park Art Festival:
I’ve been accepted to be part of this event on July 27th-28th. This will be my first big art festival.
Biker Night at The Garage:
I've been invited to hang out with these guys this summer. June 12th and July 10th are my confirmed dates s far.